Journey Services: Advanced Illness Care Planning
Life is a journey – a journey that is all about choices. Every one of us is individual and unique and so are our illnesses and our responses to treatment. During the end-of-life part of our journey, we need to assure that care is about individual choices – the choice of each individual person to receive the right care at the right time and in the right place. Some may want every advanced medical treatment available and others may simply seek comfort and quality, but it must be an individual choice, and it must be something doctors and other healthcare providers, as well as patients and their families are willing to discuss.
Medical advancements continue to lengthen our quantity of time at end-of-life, but at what value? What true quality of life is achieved when 75% of Americans die in a hospital or skilled nursing facility, when most would have preferred to be at home? When Medicare physician visits per person for the last six months of life average 40 visits? When 46 percent of those people saw 10 or more different physicians during that time; and during the last 26 weeks, they averaged six physician visits per month?
Celtic Healthcare Journey Services can assist you with this important guidance and coordination of care to support your individual healthcare decisions.
- A patient with a chronic, advanced, and/or terminal illness
- A patient that is interested in learning more about advanced illness and end-of-life care options
- A patient can receive this guidance regardless of any other current or aggressive treatments or insurance
What will patients receive from a Celtic Journey Care Coordinator ?
- A knowledgeable, trained professional to offer support and education related to advanced illness care and options
- Documentation to assist with patient, family, and physician alignment
How can you or a loved one contact a Journey Care Coordinator?
- Simply call us at 888.923.5842, email us at email@example.com, or let your Celtic clinician know that you would like to talk to one of our Journey Care Coordinators
A member of our Celtic team, Matt Cottrill, shared this beautiful song (When I’m on My Journey) and closing candlelight ceremony video from a camp he is involved with. We hope you enjoy it.